If you are trying to play the video on Google Drive and face a problem with this video’s error due to the corrupt application/browser cache or wrong browser configuration. So, if you are troubling these issues, then here are the instructions given below.
Remove Browsing Data to Solve Google Drive Not Playing Videos Issue
If you are unable to remove browsing data on your system, then you must go through the effective solutions mentioned below:
- Firstly, invoke the Google Chrome browser on your system.
- After that, click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon at the top right side of the screen.
- Then choose the More Tools option.
- You should reach the sub-menu section and select the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ option.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ section. Click on the time range option of All-time.
- Thereafter, click on the categories option that you would like to remove data.
- Later, select the button of Clear Data when you have done it.
- Once you verify the actions, reopen Chrome and check whether you should play the videos on Google Chrome.
Launch the Video in Different Window
If you are trying to play the video on another screen, but you fail, then go through the process stated below:
- You should invoke Google Drive then choose the file of the video.
- Then click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon at the top right side of the screen, choosing the ‘Open in New Window’ option.
- Now, check whether the video has begun to play.
Turn off Extensions/Add Ons of Browser to Solve Google Drive Not Playing Videos Issue
In order to disable the extensions/add-ons of the web browser, proceed with the effective directions stated below:
- Firstly, invoke the Google Chrome browser, then select the menu of Action.
- Thereafter, reach the section of sub-menu and select More Tools.
- Then click on the Extensions option.
- You should switch the toggle of each extension to disable it.
- Finally, reopen the Chrome browser and check whether the videos have begun to play into Google Drive.
Use Another Browser to Solve Google Drive Not Playing Videos Issue
If you cannot use another browser on your system, then follow the possible instructions explained below:
- Firstly, you have to download another browser.
- The freshly installed browser then invokes Google Drive to look at whether you should start the videos into it.
- In case you should, consider installing the corrupted browser again.
Change Network Temporarily to Solve the Issue
To modify the network temporarily on your device, perform the quick steps stated below:
- You should temporarily use ‘switch your network’ or a reputable VPN.
- Thereafter, the problem is fixed. Otherwise, you should move back to the network.
Using the Right Google Account to Solve Google Drive Not Playing Videos Issue
If you are using an incorrect Google account, you may face the issue of Google drive not playing videos. In order to rectify the issue, follow these steps in the explained manner:
- Firstly, open the Chrome browser and reach the upper right side of the screen.
- Then select the ( i ) button of the account next to the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- After that, select the Add button and input the profile username.
- You will see a freshly made profile on your Chrome.
- Select the User button next to the menu of action.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Turn on Sync’ option.
- Now, launch Google Drive then check whether the issue is fixed.
Download the Video File to Solve Google Drive Not Playing Videos Issue
If you face any issue while downloading the video file on your system to solve the Google drive issue, then continue with the effective instructions provided below:
- You should invoke Google Drive then choose the video.
- After that, select the ‘More’ actions option and then choose the Download button.
- Finally, once you download the video file, start it via the media application of the system.